Monday, January 17, 2011

Google: An Addicts Confessions

Well, to be honest I must say Google is a slight addiction of mine. I suppose it could be worse. I could be addicted to cigarettes or some other nasty drug. It's better than my caffeine addiction at least. But I realized how hard my life would be if I didn't have Google. Here are a series of things I use Google for daily.

  • Spell checking words I do  not know. I get antsy when my spelling is off.
  • Logging into my gmail account
  • Checking my google site work schedule
  • googling Professor Macek's name to get to the Intro to New Media Course Blog ( I should just bookmark it.)
  • news bits I want to know more about
  • sparknoting english assignments if I don't have time to read. (all english majors do this, there is never enough time to read EVERYTHING that is assigned everyday, lets be honest.)
  • band research for album reviews I write
etc...
I use google so many times each day I lose count. While we are all addicted to Google, I fail to see how it's a bad thing. The internet provides information availabe 24/7 just through our fingertips. I feel like a much better informed citizen because of it. It allows me to view the events in the world at anytime.

No comments:

Post a Comment